Monday, June 30, 2008

Surprise!

Jesse and I went up to Orange County on Saturday for his Aunt Gloria's surprise 50th birthday party. It was hilarious! We were all waiting in the living room at his Aunt Eva's as we watched Gloria run up to the door. She thought they were picking Eva up for dinner. As soon as she opened the door we all yelled surprise and the Mariachi band they had hired started playing. Gloria stood there for a second and then ran away! When she came back in, she was handed a margarita and started giving out hugs to everybody. I think she was sufficiently surprised.

The best part of the party was the Mariachi band playing out back while we ate dinner. They were taking requests. I kept asking Jesse if he thought they were going to play that song from the Ben Stiller movie, Heartbreak Kid. Jesse was laughing at me because I kept singing the tune. So of course, Jesse flags down the band and points at me. I felt so dumb but I asked them anyway if they knew the song. One of the guy's faces lit up and he says, "Mariachi Loco"! The next thing we hear is that song! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. The band was dancing and everything. It was the best song of the evening by far.

I love Jesse's Aunt Gloria. She's always so sweet and takes the time to say hi to everybody. Happy Birthday Gloria and congrats to Patrick, her son, on graduating. Thank you to Eva for planning the whole thing. Jesse's family knows how to throw a party.

No comments: